Cold Turkey

I drove home with a mind bursting like an over-sized belly pushing out between shirt buttons on Thanksgiving. No music. No phone calls. Just me and thoughts spilling out of my ears. It's easy to devour introspective-feel-sorry-for-myself-thoughts but it's better to take a healthy serving of reality. I decided that I'm going cold turkey with stress. It's not really working out for me anymore.

5 truisms about my stress:
  1. I have to get to a place where overwhelmed doesn't threaten me, everyday.
  2. I can get through anything if I know it's only a period of time.
  3. Ironically, saying 'I'm stressed' doesn't help with the stress.
  4. Good friends are good.
  5. There are no excuses to loose my sense of humor. Don't stop laughing.




4 comments:

Alex | June 29, 2010 at 6:53 AM

"Ironically, saying 'I'm stressed' doesn't help with the stress.

so true, so true...

Hanna | June 29, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Thanks for being a good friend :)

Heathaa | June 29, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I like that "good friends are good." :)
BTW, Hanna, your blod is neat-O!

Hanna | July 7, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Thanks Heather :) I'm glad you think it's neat-o!

Post a Comment