Find the Confidence You Need in 1 Easy Step



Step 1: Do something.


On Sunday, I did. I finished goal #1 on my list of goals: complete a half marathon. Check.


Sometimes we need something to keep our mind off of other things. For me, work can be consuming (sometimes)...(actually lots of times). So in an act of emotional health desperation, I wrote down my goals and set out do them. I guess that’s what happens when you have a dad that sends you Zig Zigalar quotes in place of empathy- you get motivated.


My 13.1-mile runners high from Sunday is seeping into the week and yes, it’s a little brighter today. Even Chicago traffic can’t deter my confident mood. I found that inspiration to life comes from the simplicity of doing something. My something is running. You may not be able to do everything- but something you can do. Something is better than nothing.


I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.

- Maya Angelou


I hope you find confidence in something so your soul can meet the inspiration it needs.


*Also posted this on Sulu

0 comments:

Post a Comment