No Thanks, I Choose Life

I can't believe I'm going to do this but here it goes- a quote from the movie Ice Age:



Manfred: Sid, the tiger found a shortcut
Sid: (looking at the treacherous mountain) No thanks, I choose life.

There it's done. I actually quoted Ice Age. Please hold all judgements until forever. This quote plays in my mind more often than I would like to admit.

It's true, I choose life. I don't want to be the boring onlooker stuck in the land of comfort, which, by the way, I happen to picture as Willy Wonka's candy factory. I love you chocolate river.

When asked if I was aware of the risk in a situation, it didn't take me very long to decide. I'll take calculated risk over a slow death of boredom any day. I crave a good wholesome challenge. What gives you life? Are you wired to take risks or be content in the moment?

At the end of the day, I want to be a part of something that brings life into the world by sparking ripples of change. I want to contribute to more than just maintenance. I choose life.





0 comments:

Post a Comment