You Need a Cheerleader

Remember in school when you were assigned a paper to write about your hero or role model? Lot's of people picked Michael Jordan or their older sibling. I never knew who to pick.

But now I do.

Even when I was as a wannabe-rebel-making-mistakes-attitude-absorbed-teenager and sure that he was wrong about most things, my dad still built into me and never stopped cheering for me.

Periodically, he sends me quotes. Here's one from today:

If you are kind people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives: be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; build anyway.
~Mother Teresa


I hope there's someone in your life that cheers you on- no matter what kind of junk you have, or had.

0 comments:

Post a Comment