Bed by 7:30

On Saturday I went to bed at 8:30. I lied. It was 7:30. I'm turning into my parents. I had my elastic-stretch-to-infinity-and-beyond pants on (the ones that I wear only when I go to Dairy Queen) and I was reading in bed- and that was my recipe to fall asleep.

More than anything I love time when I can be lazy- the real lazy. The kind of lazy that you let yourself be after you've done the chores and you've completed (most of) the to-do list. That's when I dwell in my lazy. But dwell in a good way. I'm simple.

After falling asleep at 7:30, I woke up at 4:30. Too early to get up at 4:30. 4:30 is what my grandparents do. There, I have covered 2 generations of family sleep patterns in 1 night. When I woke up I stayed in the quiet darkness of early morning. I love that time of day. Sometimes I wish that the early morning would last for an entire day. The silence is so calm. If I had to be a time of day- it would be the quiet morning.



0 comments:

Post a Comment