Choose Friends Wisely


I believe that at each person’s core we are meant for relationship. Even the people that don’t like people need relationship. Sorry people haters. Despite the fact that forced relationships are work, I have come to realize that life happens with other people.


Although I can sustain through my introverted self, I’m enjoying relationships that draw me out of myself, challenge me, calm me, and cause excessive laughter (the one coping skill I refuse to let go). In the middle of what I think is a difficult time in my life the people around me have picked me up from dark places more times than I realize.


Would I be the same person without these significant relationships in my life? Are we only as good as the people that surround us? If that’s the case, choose friends wisely.


"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival" -C.S. Lewis

0 comments:

Post a Comment